Today the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics celebrates Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day. As the nation’s food and nutrition experts, registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) are committed to improving the health of their patients and community.
Happy #RDNday to all dietitians providing quality #nutrition info & care daily #RDchat
First celebrated in 2008, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day commemorates the dedication of RDNs as advocates for advancing the nutritional status of Americans and people around the world. Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day was created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to increase the awareness of registered dietitian nutritionists as the indispensable providers of food and nutrition services and to recognize RDNs for their commitment to helping people enjoy healthy lives. Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day and National Nutrition Month® promote the Academy and RDNs to the public and the media as the most valuable and credible source of timely, scientifically-based food and nutrition information.
RDNs Play an Important Role in Your Health
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists are the food and nutrition experts who can translate the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists have degrees in nutrition, dietetics, public health or a related field from well-respected, accredited colleges and universities, completed an internship and passed an examination. See qualifications.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists use their nutrition expertise to help individuals make unique, positive lifestyle changes.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists work throughout the community in hospitals, schools, public health clinics, nursing homes, fitness centers, food management, food industry, universities, research and private practice.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionists are advocates for advancing the nutritional status of Americans and people around the world.