It’s finally here – the Nutrition Nuptials Podcast! In the very first episode, Taco and Mandy discuss trends in engagements, wedding diets NO ONE should try, and how to work together towards a lifetime of health vs going to the extreme for one day.
Divorce the Idea of “Wedding Diets”
A 2007 Cornell University study found that 70% of the engaged women surveyed said they wanted to lose weight, typically the magic number of 20 pounds. As a result, more brides are going on crash diets. Some of the diet inspiration comes from seeing images of celebrity weddings. Others are build up the notion of wearing a revealing and expensive gown and knowing that wedding photos are forever. Ummm, what about the marriage itself and the person you’re saying “I Do” to???
If you’re not marrying a Registered Dietitian, here are some simple ways to reset the mindset to avoid diet extremes in prep for the wedding and find more ways to enjoy your life together after the big day:
- Emphasize “Health-fully Ever After” vs Sweating for the Wedding
- Find Eating & Exercise Lifestyle you can do together and maintain after the wedding
- The Big F = FUN! Find ways to incorporate fun into your couples culture with food, movement, and more
Taco Terminology: “Bridal Porn”
Articles referenced in show:
- 20 Shockingly Extreme Wedding Diets No One Should Try
- Bridal Hunger Games: Losing Weight in Time for the Wedding
Meet Your Hosts, Taco & Mandy:
Mandy Enright, MS, RDN, RYT is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and fitness instructor. She is the creator of the blog, Nutrition Nuptials, where she has been helping couples learn how to merge their lifestyles together and served as the inspiration for this podcast. Mandy is dedicated to helping teach people how to fit the foods they love into their lifestyle with an “all foods fit” philosophy. She is joined every episode by her co-host and husband, Taco. Taco and Mandy are active beach bums who live at the Jersey Shore and are always exploring restaurants, breweries, wineries, and perfect sunsets. You can check out their finds on Instagram by following #AdventuresOfTacoAndMandy.
About the Show:
Nutrition Nuptials is all about helping couples learn how to go from a “ME” to a “WE” when it comes to their household habits, particularly when it comes to nutrition, fitness, and overall wellbeing. The backbone of the story is the STORIES you will hear, because every couple has their trials and triumphs. Know that you’re not alone! Hear Taco & Mandy discuss stories they have experienced personally in their time together. And join them for their Double Date episodes when other couples join the show to share their experiences. There’s laughs and learnings for all!
How You Can Support the Show:
We love our listeners for taking the time to listen to us chat about couples-related matters. In order to give you the best possible show, we have a few simple ways you can support the show and help spread the word.
- Subscribe to the Nutrition Nuptials Podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Radio Public, and more
- Leave a Review of the show on your listening platform of choice so others can find and learn about the show
- Become a show supporter over on Patreon where you will receive exclusive access to Patreon-only content, discounts, and more
Thanks for joining us today and for saying “I DO” to YOUR happily, health-fully ever after!
PIN FOR LATER –>