Taco and Mandy have a Double Date with registered dietitian and podcast host, Liz Weiss, and her husband, Tim, to discuss their chance encounter meeting, what happens when a bachelor starts living with a cookbook author dietitian, raising healthy eaters, and adjusting to an empty nest.
Looking for assistance with meal planning for your week or month? Get started today with a free meal plan trial.
ABOUT LIZ AND TIM
Liz Weiss is a registered dietitian and host of the Liz’s Healthy Table podcast and blog. She joins today’s podcast with her husband, Tim Carruthers. Tim is a VP of engineering at a computer company near Boston. Liz and Time live in Lexington, MA.
Learn more about Liz’s work and passion for family mealtimes at lizshealthytable.com and connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube. You can also listen to Liz on her podcast, Liz’s Healthy Table and join her free Podcast Posse on Facebook.
WHAT WE LEARN:
- Tim and Liz’s epic first meeting
- The benefits of being married to a dietitian who writes cookbooks and blogs about food
- Tips for raising healthy eaters and encouraging family meals
- How Tim transitioned from meat-eating bachelor to pescatarian
Check out their kids Josh & Simon in the kitchen!
- Establish roles and responsibilities early on by allowing each person to specialize in their areas of expertise (eg. Liz cooks, Tim does the books)
- Divide and conquer – but also be fair (ie. if one person cooks the other should help out with cleaning)
- Keep family meals in relaxed, informal settings to promote good conversations
- Keep an open mind about trying new foods
RECIPES TO CHECK OUT FROM LIZ
Plus check out Liz’s podcast episode dedicated to tacos with dietitian and chef Sara Haas!
- Tuscan Tuna Bowl
- Asian Beef Bowls
- Green Lentil and Butternut Squash “Noodle” Bowls
- Gorgeous Green Smoothie Bowl
Links referenced in show:
- Podcast: Liz’s Healthy Table
- Podcast Posse Facebook Group
- Coloring eBook Series
- Supermarket Shopping List
- Liz’s Healthy Table Podcast Episode 35: Taco! Taco! Taco! with Sara Haas, RDN
- Nutrition Nuptials Blog: One Meal, Two Proteins
Have a question, story to share, or feedback on the show? Email email@example.com
Meet Your Hosts, Taco & Mandy:
Mandy Enright, MS, RDN, RYT is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and fitness instructor. She is the creator of the blog, Nutrition Nuptials, where she has been helping couples learn how to merge their lifestyles together and served as the inspiration for this podcast. Mandy is dedicated to helping teach people how to fit the foods they love into their lifestyle with an “all foods fit” philosophy. She is joined every episode by her co-host and husband, Taco. Taco and Mandy are active beach bums who live at the Jersey Shore and are always exploring restaurants, breweries, wineries, and perfect sunsets. You can check out their finds on Instagram by following #AdventuresOfTacoAndMandy.
About the Show:
Nutrition Nuptials is all about helping couples learn how to go from a “ME” to a “WE” when it comes to their household habits, particularly when it comes to nutrition, fitness, and overall wellbeing. The backbone of the story is the STORIES you will hear because every couple has their trials and triumphs. Know that you’re not alone! Hear Taco & Mandy discuss stories they have experienced personally in their time together. And join them for their Double Date episodes when other couples join the show to share their experiences. There’s laughs and learnings for all!
How You Can Support the Show:
We love our listeners for taking the time to listen to us chat about couples-related matters. In order to give you the best possible show, we have a few simple ways you can support the show and help spread the word.
- Subscribe to the Nutrition Nuptials Podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Radio Public, and more
- Rate & Leave a Review of the show on your listening platform of choice so others can find and learn about the show
- Become a show supporter over on Patreon where you will receive exclusive access to Patreon-only content, discounts, VIP Facebook Group, and more