In the past year and a half, Taco has done some serious worldwide travels for work. Episode 7 of the Nutrition Nuptials Podcast discusses where in the world Taco has been, how to stay healthy while traveling for business, and what the other person may be doing back at home for meals while their significant other is traveling.
Nutrition Nuptials promotes heart health through nutrition and fitness. Sometimes we need a little extra help with getting our nutrients. Dietitian Mandy is partnering up with CardioTabs to help share their line of heart healthy products. A few of Mandy’s top picks:
- Omega-3 Lemon Minis + Vitamin D3
- CardioWhey Protein in Chocolate and Vanilla (perfect for post-workouts!)
Get 20% off with FREE SHIPPING, plus an extra 10% when sign up for auto-delivery with promo code MANDYENRIGHTRD at www.cardiotabs.com
WHERE IN THE WORLD HAS TACO BEEN?
Taco shares his impressive list of travel in 2017-2018 including:
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- Dubai (Mandy got to join in on this one!)
WHAT WE LEARN:
- Hear about some of Taco’s experiences traveling the globe
- Taco’s most memorable meals including the best, worst, and weirdest
- How to stay fit while traveling for work
- How Mandy manages meals alone at home while Taco is traveling
- What to do while on your own while your Significant Other is away
HOW TO AVOID “BUSINESS TRAVEL TRAPS”
Consider if traveling occasionally versus frequently:
- Aim for balance – if going out to a big dinner with co-workers, have a lighter breakfast and/or lunch
- Plan out meals and what to order in advance, including while in the airports and on the plane
- Pace yourself – if a frequent traveler, not every meal has to be epic
FITTING FITNESS INTO BUSINESS TRAVEL
Avoid the rut of sitting and eating in meetings all day long:
- Use the hotel gym
- Wake up early to add in a workout since days and evenings can be packed agendas
- Do an efficient 30 Minute Workout (get some HIIT-spiration here)
- Hotel room workouts by packing your own jump rope or resistance band, or by simply doing body weight exercises including pushups, squats, and burpees
STAYING ON TRACK WHILE TRAVELING
- Make yourself a priority
- Know when you have choices versus no control
- Don’t have to have every meal offered to you (especially on international flights)
- Don’t have to indulge in every meal
- Avoid the “Last Supper” mentality
WHAT ABOUT THE ONE LEFT BEHIND?
If your Significant Other is traveling but you’re left behind at home:
- Establish comfort level for going out to eat on own vs staying in
- Take the opportunity to do something for yourself
- Enjoy foods or activities you don’t do as often due to accommodating other people’s schedule
Have a question, story to share, or feedback on the show? Email email@example.com
Meet Your Hosts, Taco & Mandy:
Mandy Enright, MS, RDN, RYT is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and fitness instructor. She is the creator of the blog, Nutrition Nuptials, where she has been helping couples learn how to merge their lifestyles together and served as the inspiration for this podcast. Mandy is dedicated to helping teach people how to fit the foods they love into their lifestyle with an “all foods fit” philosophy. She is joined every episode by her co-host and husband, Taco. Taco and Mandy are active beach bums who live at the Jersey Shore and are always exploring restaurants, breweries, wineries, and perfect sunsets. You can check out their finds on Instagram by following #AdventuresOfTacoAndMandy.
About the Show:
Nutrition Nuptials is all about helping couples learn how to go from a “ME” to a “WE” when it comes to their household habits, particularly when it comes to nutrition, fitness, and overall wellbeing. The backbone of the story is the STORIES you will hear, because every couple has their trials and triumphs. Know that you’re not alone! Hear Taco & Mandy discuss stories they have experienced personally in their time together. And join them for their Double Date episodes when other couples join the show to share their experiences. There’s laughs and learnings for all!
How You Can Support the Show:
We love our listeners for taking the time to listen to us chat about couples-related matters. In order to give you the best possible show, we have a few simple ways you can support the show and help spread the word.
- Subscribe to the Nutrition Nuptials Podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Radio Public, and more
- Rate & Leave a Review of the show on your listening platform of choice so others can find and learn about the show
- Become a show supporter over on Patreon where you will receive exclusive access to Patreon-only content, discounts, VIP Facebook Group, and more
Thanks for joining us today and for saying “I DO”
to YOUR happily, health-fully ever after!
Pin for Later –>