With Valentine’s Day around the corner, learn how to put together the ultimate start to the day with these breakfast in bed tips.
Breakfast in bed always reminds me of being on vacation. There’s nothing like ordering room service and being lazy in bed with Taco. Even though Valentine’s Day is happening on a Thursday this year, you can still enjoy breakfast in bed over the weekend or ANYTIME you want to make your Significant Other feel a little special.
Breakfast in Bed Tips for the Beginner
When it comes to planning your breakfast in bed, remember 3 things:
- Simple meal planned & prepped ahead of time
- Having the right set-up
- Personal Touches!
Planning & Prepping Your Breakfast in Bed Meal
Select a meal that doesn’t require a lot of time in the kitchen in the morning. Otherwise you’re getting up extra early, or risk your S.O. not being in bed anymore by the time you’re done.
- Plan a breakfast item that is simple to make – this may not be the time to cook out of your comfort zone
- A tried and true recipes will have a higher success versus a first-time recipe attempt
- Select menu items that are easy to transport with minimal spilling risks
- Keep your meals clean – breakfast tacos may be a little messy to maneuver sitting up in bed
- Prep ingredients the night before for quick assembly the next day (mix dry ingredients together, cut veggies, bake items, or assemble as needed)
- Consider using pre-mixed items to cut back on time
- Clean as you go to make cleaning up easy and fast as possible!
- Don’t forget about beverages like coffee, tea, or mimosas!
Easy Plan Ahead Breakfast in Bed Ideas:
- Pancakes with dry ingredients made the night before or using a mix such as Kodiak Cakes, Swerve, Simple Mills, or Wildtree (or do in a skillet as a Dutch Baby)
- Baked Oatmeal (assembled the night before and baked the morning of)
- French Toast Casserole (prep and assemble night before, bake that morning)
- Individual Bowls of Hash & Eggs (hash cooked night before, heat and top with eggs in AM)
- Frittata, Mini Frittatas, or Quiche (veggies prepped the night before, eggs separated and mixed in a separate container)
- Classics like Muffins & Breads never go out of style!
- Don’t forget about side dishes and garnishes like fresh fruit and yogurt!
The Right Set-up
If you don’t have the right set-up in place, it can be either super awkward or messy serving up breakfast in bed. Getting the right equipment will not only elevate the experience, but make you want to do it a whole lot more!
- Invest in a Tray Table for Bed for easy carrying, serving, and eating. 2 may even be extra handy!
- A Folding TV Table for Bedside is also handy to put beverages, champagne bottles, or empty dishes
- A tea maker or French Press is an easy way to transport hot beverages and serve in an empty mug once breakfast in bed has arrived
- Cloth napkins to keep those laps clean when sitting up to eat
- Stemless, unbreakable champagne glasses to cheers your breakfast in bed
Sure, breakfast in bed alone is a fabulously romantic gesture. But you can totally elevate the experience with just a few personal touches
- Include a handwritten romantic note on your tray
- Put a flower on the tray – yes, even dudes will like this touch
- Consider getting a novelty mug that sums up your relationship, involves a funny inside joke, or reminds you of your S.O. (FYI – this was one of Taco’s Christmas presents from me)
- Any trinket you come across that signify your relationship or a memory
- Sexy coupon booklet, dice, or anything your imagination desires to get in the mood to work off breakfast in bed