What do beekeeping, cappuccino and eating well all have in common? Well they’re just a smidgen of the interests our latest guests, fellow dietitian Judy Barbe and her husband Ken, like to dabble in. For this double date, we discuss Judy’s kitchen experiments (both successful and disastrous), Ken’s awe-inspiring range of hobbies, and how each of them would clear out the other’s wardrobe.
Win a FREE copy of Judy’s book, Your 6-Week Guide to LiveBest, Simple Solutions for Fresh Food & Well-Being. Simply head to Instagram and check out @nutrition_nuptials_podcast page for more info and contest rules. Contest ends Wednesday, April 17. Winner will be announced on Instagram.
***SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATE***
There have been some changes to where you can find us on social media!
Facebook: Follow our new PAGE for Nutrition Nuptials Podcast VIP Afterparty
Instagram: We are now on Instagram as @nutrition_nuptials_podcast
***WIN A $50 AMAZON GIFT CARD***
We’re getting toward the end of Season 1 of the podcast, and we want to hear from YOU! Take a moment to answer this short, 3-question survey about the podcast and be entered to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card. Take the survey now: http://bit.ly/nn1survey
If you and yours are looking to get into meal planning and track your nutrition, sign up to our mailing list for a FREE Bride & Couples Starter Guide eBook!
Mandy and Taco are on the lookout for couples who live happily and healthily together. If you have a story of your own, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want your podcast to sound as good as ours, try out Podigy Podcast Editing and get 25% off your first free month of editing by mentioning Nutrition Nuptials at Podigy.co.
ABOUT JUDY & KEN
Judy is a registered dietitian, foodie, blogger and longtime newspaper columnist. She knows that the average person will gravitate to a practical diet with readily available ingredients rather than a super-specialized one, so she creates dishes that are easy to make, flavorful, yet still nutritious. Her husband Ken is a modern renaissance man: he sings, plays guitar, writes his own music, and is a corporate attorney to boot, called a “super lawyer” by some. The two live in Wyoming.
Judy & Ken Barbe join the Nutrition Nuptials Podcast on Episode 20 for a Double Date all about couples fitness, travel adventures, and beekeeping! Catch the episode now
- Judy and Ken’s personal journey together from high school band through marriage.
- How Judy helped Ken overcome his apprehension toward “weird food.”
- How Judy went about transforming her love of food into a career.
- Ken discusses the trials and tribulations of food photography as well as his favorite recipes of Judy’s.
- Mandy’s experiment with “Blackened Cajun pizza.”
- “What’s our torture tomorrow?”; Judy and Ken’s top workout video recommendations.
- Cappuccino tips, tricks and which machine you should go with.
- Some of Ken and Judy’s favorite vacation spots (and what they ate there).
- How Ken and Judy would clear out each other’s closets if they could.
- Planet of the Apiary: how Ken’s beekeeping hobby has been a boon to him.
- Judy breaks down her book The 6-Week Guide to LiveBest (see the special offer above!)
Contact Info for Judy Barbe:
Judy’s Books & Resources:
6-Week Webinar: You Must be Present to Win
Freebie: High Five Five Day Fiber Challenge
Links/References discussed on show:
Have a question, story to share, or feedback on the show? Email email@example.com
Meet Your Hosts, Taco & Mandy:
Follow the show on Instagram @nutrition_nuptials_podcast
About the Show:
How You Can Support the Show:
- Subscribe to the Nutrition Nuptials Podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, Radio Public and Rate & Leave a Review of the show on your listening platform of choice so others can find and learn about the show
- Follow us on Facebook at Nutrition Nuptials Podcast VIP Afterparty to keep the conversation going after the show and connect with Taco & Mandy, along with our guests.
- Become a show supporter over on Patreon where you will receive exclusive access to Patreon-only content, discounts, giveaways and more.
Thanks for joining us today and for saying
to YOUR happily, health-fully ever after!