Mandy and Taco have made a reservation for a double date with registered dietitians and bloggers Stephen and Elise Compston, who discuss how healthy eating helped ignite their relationship, the key to keeping your kitchen tasks balanced, and how they keep each other on the right track.
If you and yours are looking to get into meal planning and track your nutrition, be sure to grab your free Bride & Couples Starter Guide eBook on our site!
Mandy and Taco are on the lookout for couples who live happily and healthily together. If you have a story of your own, email us at email@example.com.
ABOUT STEPHEN & ELISE
Stephen Compston, RD, LD, CDE and Elise Compston, RD, LD are registered dietitians, partners in life and nutrition, and the Voices behind the blog Straight Outta Compston Kitchen. With their infant son Baby C—and another little one due very soon—they promote a varied and balanced diet that emphasizes good nutrition while still allowing for the occasional fun food.
- How food and nutrition brought Elise and Stephen together, why they clicked, and their whirlwind wedding.
- Moving in together and how honesty allowed them to avoid the little conflicts.
- Maintaining health at home through mutual encouragement and challenges.
- Why big eating and healthy eating can go hand-in-hand.
- How Straight Outta Compston Kitchen came to be and what Elise’s bucket list goal is.
- Balancing meal preferences and establishing a “leftover threshold” to keep everybody happy at the kitchen table.
- Elise and Stephen’s best tips for getting into meal planning.
- Working out shared cooking routines to keep both partners on an even keel.
- Why Stephen and Elise intend their blog to be for anybody.
- The challenges they’ve faced trying to maintain a healthy diet as young parents.
RECIPES TO CHECK OUT FROM STEPHEN AND ELISE’S BLOG: STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPSTON KITCHEN
FOLLOW STEPHEN AND ELISE COMPSTON
- BLOG: straightouttacompstonkitchen.com
- INSTAGRAM: @straightouttacompstonkitchen
- FACEBOOK: Straight Outta Compston Kitchen
Have a question, story to share, or feedback on the show? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Your Hosts, Taco & Mandy:
About the Show:
How You Can Support the Show:
- Subscribe to the Nutrition Nuptials Podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, Radio Public and rate & Leave a Review of the show on your listening platform of choice so others can find and learn about the show
- Join our free Facebook community, Nutrition Nuptials Podcast VIP Afterparty to keep the conversation going after the show and connect with Taco & Mandy, along with our guests.
- Become a show supporter over on Patreon where you will receive exclusive access to Patreon-only content, discounts, giveaways and more