Taco’s back from his fulfilling—and mildly chaotic—trip to India, and after catching us all up with the details of his trek he and Mandy tackle a subject that a lot of people are sensitive to at this time of year: dieting. Right around now, people start falling off the diet they resolved to stick to for New Year’s, but rather that being due to a lack of willpower it could be because the diet itself is not sustainable and conflicts with one’s eating disposition. This is why we’re advocating for intuitive eating, which grooves better with how each person eats and doesn’t get caught up in the statistical minutiae of other highly touted diets.
In our chat, we discuss the 10 core principles of intuitive eating, how we all have different eating personalities—as well as how those personalities affect dieting—and why couples need to be careful when one or both of them are on a diet.
Congratulations to our previous guests, Stephen and Elise Compston, who just gave birth to a baby girl! Head over to our VIP Afterparty on Facebook to send them your well wishes!
If you and yours are looking to get into meal planning and track your nutrition, be sure to grab your free Bride & Couples Starter Guide eBook on our site!
Sign up with our Intuitive Eating Group Program in case you want support and to support others on the path to eating right.
Mandy and Taco are on the lookout for couples who live happily and healthily together. If you have a story of your own, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out Episode 13 of the Nutrition Nuptials Podcast all about Intuitive Eating for couples
- Taco lays out the highlights and somewhat scarier moments of his India visit.
- How some diets look good purely based on numbers but aren’t very sustainable.
- Stepping off the diet “hamster wheel.”
- Breaking down the different kinds of “eating personalities” and how these dispositions affect dieting approaches.
- Defining exactly what intuitive eating is and why babies are the most intuitive eaters of all.
- How a diet can have a negative impact on a couple if both partners don’t adequately prepare or accommodate for one another.
- The 10 Principles of Intuitive Eating.
- TACO TERMINOLOGY: intuitive fitness!
Links referenced in show:
Meet Your Hosts, Taco & Mandy:
About the Show:
How You Can Support the Show:
- Subscribe to the Nutrition Nuptials Podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, Radio Public and rate & Leave a Review of the show on your listening platform of choice so others can find and learn about the show
- Join our free Facebook community, Nutrition Nuptials Podcast VIP Afterparty to keep the conversation going after the show and connect with Taco & Mandy, along with our guests.
- Become a show supporter over on Patreon where you will receive exclusive access to Patreon-only content, discounts, giveaways and more
Thanks for joining us today and for saying
to YOUR happily, health-fully ever after!