It’s February, which means that immune system strength has dropped along with the temperature, paving the way for cold and flu season. Thankfully your favorite nutritional couple has their own health regimens to prevent sickness or, if you’ve already caught that bug, speed up the recovery process.
In their chat, Mandy and Taco lay out what remedies of worked best for them, suggest the best ways spouses can be (or not be) there for each other when one of them is ill, and discuss several tried and true tips for preventing even getting sick in the first place. Also, check out VIP page on Facebook to find out the meal Mandy whipped up for her and Taco for Valentine’s Day.
Mandy popped by Mary Purdy’s Nutrition Show podcast to chat all things yoga and meditation. Give it a listen here! You can also expect to hear Mary and her husband Keith on our show in late March.
If you and yours are looking to get into meal planning and track your nutrition, be sure to grab your free Bride & Couples Starter Guide eBook on our site!
Mandy and Taco are on the lookout for couples who live happily and healthily together. If you have a story of your own, email us at email@example.com.
It’s Man Flu Season! Check out Episode 14 of the Nutrition Nuptials Podcast for prevention and survival tips.
- How Mandy and Taco’s parents parents treated the usual illnesses in their households.
- The sickness tips and tricks they picked up after moving out on their own and transitioning into adulthood.
- What we can do to minimize spreading sickness throughout your home and, at the very least, keep it from following you out the door.
- Get the flu shot—even if the flu outpaces it, there’s no downside to getting one.
- WASH THOSE HANDS. And your forearms. Really scrub.
- Cell phones: the handy little disease carriers we never really think about.
- Take advantage of Teledoc and urgent care services.
- What you can do for your partner when they’re down and out.
- The Taco Preventive Regimen™.
- What supplements do and don’t work, and how the right food can boost your system when you most need it.
- Explaining why chicken soup, ginger ale and some other “sick food” staples are so good at fighting a cold.
- The Man Flu: is it real? (it kind of is)
Links referenced in show:
Meet Your Hosts, Taco & Mandy:
About the Show:
How You Can Support the Show:
- Subscribe to the Nutrition Nuptials Podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, Radio Public and rate & Leave a Review of the show on your listening platform of choice so others can find and learn about the show
- Join our free Facebook community, Nutrition Nuptials Podcast VIP Afterparty to keep the conversation going after the show and connect with Taco & Mandy, along with our guests.
- Become a show supporter over on Patreon where you will receive exclusive access to Patreon-only content, discounts, giveaways and more
Thanks for joining us today and for saying
to YOUR happily, health-fully ever after!