Mandy and Taco have made another double-date reservation in honor of National Nutrition Month, featuring our very first non-nutrition guests! Financial planner Emily Zeigler and her husband Kevin stop by to discuss how finances tie into healthy eating and keeping fit, as well as how they went from living out of a car, to moving into a cramped apartment, to their comfortable life together today.
If you and yours are looking to get into meal planning and track your nutrition, be sure to grab your free Bride & Couples Starter Guide eBook on our site!
Mandy and Taco are on the lookout for couples who live happily and healthily together. If you have a story of your own, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT EMILY & KEVIN
Emily Zeigler is a financial planner who specializes in working with couples. Through her service How Green is Your Money, she also helps clients make the most of their money in a way that is both personally beneficial and socially responsible. Her husband, Kevin, is the global technology manager for TechnoServe, a Washington, D.C.-based international non-profit.
- Emily and Kevin’s journey from college to Latin America to getting hitched.
- What drew the two of them together and what it was like to live together in the cramped quarters of their “shoebox” NYC apartment.
- Their tips for establishing healthy lines of communication between partners.
- Working out grocery-shopping and cooking tasks so that the load is shared equally and the most amount of money is saved.
- How Emily and Kevin turned Central Park to their fitness advantage.
- Going from living out of a car to living together as a married couple.
- Kevin’s special Thai green curry and his other culinary exploits.
- Ensuring relationship health through financial health.
- The biggest mistake couples make with their finances, and the best way they can get serious about saving.
- What first-time clients can expect from Emily’s financial services.
- How Kevin and Emily divvy up financial responsibilities in their own household.
- Emily’s One Big Financial Tip for reducing tension in the home.
Links referenced in show:
Meet Your Hosts, Taco & Mandy:
About the Show:
How You Can Support the Show:
- Subscribe to the Nutrition Nuptials Podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, Radio Public and rate & Leave a Review of the show on your listening platform of choice so others can find and learn about the show
- Join our free Facebook community, Nutrition Nuptials Podcast VIP Afterparty to keep the conversation going after the show and connect with Taco & Mandy, along with our guests.
- Become a show supporter over on Patreon where you will receive exclusive access to Patreon-only content, discounts, giveaways and more
Thanks for joining us today and for saying
to YOUR happily, health-fully ever after!