A phone running at 50% charge will still operate roughly well as it would at 80% or 90%. The same cannot be said for people who have gone too long without sleep or don’t sleep well at all. In this episode—which coincidentally lines up with National Sleep Awareness Week—Mandy and Taco discuss their own ups and downs sharing a bed over the years, debate their differing sleep philosophies, and suggests some ways you can bring a little fun to bed.
If you and yours are looking to get into meal planning and track your nutrition, be sure to grab your free Bride & Couples Starter Guide eBook on our site!
If you want your podcast to sound as good as ours, try out Podigy Podcast Editing and get 25% off your first free month of editing by mentioning Nutrition Nuptials at Podigy.co.
Mandy and Taco are on the lookout for couples who live happily and healthily together. If you have a story of your own, email us at email@example.com.
A cellphone will still work at 50% charge, but you won’t. Get your best sleep now, even with your snoring partner.
- Exploring the negative effects of restless sleep and sleep deprivation.
- Debunking the myth that you shouldn’t eat before bed.
- How lack of sleep can manifest tension in relationships you definitely don’t want to have.
- Some of the sleepy conflicts Mandy and Taco have overcome in their time together.
- Coming to terms with and making the most of a sleepless night.
- The ongoing struggle with snoring.
- Sex: when does it help or hinder sleep?
- Which foods will usher you off to dreamland and which will just keep you up.
- What (non-sexy) physical activity you can do to make falling asleep as easy as pie.
Links referenced in show:
Mattresses & Deals to Check out:
(NOTE: these are affiliate links)
Layla Sleep: get $100 off any mattress + 1 free premium pillow
Nest Bedding: 5% off Nest Bedding® Hybrid Latex Mattress use Coupon Code NEST5
DreamCloud Luxury Hybrid Mattresses: Get $200 off a DreamCloud Luxury Mattress
Saatva Mattress: Get free delivery & removal plus a 120 day home trial
Resources & Apps to help with Sleep:
- Sleep diary to help identify problems
- Locate a sleep center
- Sleep Tracker
- Sleep apps devices:
- Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock
- Deep Sleep with Andrew Johnson
- Yoga for Insomnia
- Relax & Sleep by Glenn Harrold
Have a question, story to share, or feedback on the show? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Your Hosts, Taco & Mandy:
About the Show:
How You Can Support the Show:
- Subscribe to the Nutrition Nuptials Podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, Radio Public and rate & Leave a Review of the show on your listening platform of choice so others can find and learn about the show
- Join our free Facebook community, Nutrition Nuptials Podcast VIP Afterparty to keep the conversation going after the show and connect with Taco & Mandy, along with our guests.
- Become a show supporter over on Patreon where you will receive exclusive access to Patreon-only content, discounts, giveaways and more
Thanks for joining us today and for saying
to YOUR happily, health-fully ever after!